Messing with some $$$ figures this weekend, the possibility of completing my Commercial came up so I thought I would check on what I still need to do (other than the not insignificant task of being up to PTS standards!).
- 250 hours of flight time… done
- 10 hours of instrument training… done
- 10 hours of complex training… done
- day VFR dual flight… done
- night VFR dual flight… to do
- solo day VFR flight… done
- 5 hours solo night VFR… done (9.1 hrs)
- 10 night takeoffs and landings at a controlled field… done (19)
- written exam… done, but expired
If I can get my CFI to do the night flight in the next few weeks, I might schedule a weekend course with Sheble Aviation in the summer and try to do it that way. I know a few people who have done many ratings with them and I hear nothing but good things about them.
On a final note, you may have noticed a change in how the blog looks. I’ve added some personal images to the header and will be changing the sidebar over this week. I really hated that dreary grey I had before.